Sunday, January 23, 2011

What's next...

Everyone seems to be blogging these days, so I have decided I would attempt this new way to journal.  My guess is this will be quite a challenge for me as I have never been much of one to journal.  Like many, I have gone through short phases of keeping a journal; the longest period maybe a year of inconsistent journalling.  I might have been better off starting this blog last year as it was quite an eventful year in my life in many ways good & bad, but I did not.  I am here now and life goes on, so I begin with the here & now.

It is another snowy morning in KC, not a heavy snow, just a light pretty coating, but layered over ice, so I did not venture out to church this morning.   Instead I sit here to try my hand at blogging; while watching a Hallmark movie & of course every so often I must click over to my Facebook page to play a game or check a status.   Oh, I cant forget that I also have brine cooling on the stove to make a corned beef, St. Pats is just around the corner.   I guess all of this could be a form of multitasking??   Shortly, I will add a load of laundry and doing dishes to my multitasking list.   Such is the life.  

Mine is not an exciting life, just simple, in fact not something most would not consider worth taking the time to blog.   This makes me ask why am I doing this?   Is it because so many others do, that is pretty lame.  Maybe I am searching for a deeper me?   Maybe I am bored, no can't be bored, too much to do to be bored.   Maybe this is just a bit of a creative outlet, or do I feel I need to learn more about myself and this is a tool to do just that?  Maybe I will figure out why I am doing thing as time goes.  Then again, maybe this will be my first & last time here.  In any event, I will be able to say yes, I have blogged.

Before closing this post, I will share with you the most important part of me & my life.   I am a Christian, I believe in Christ the son of God sent to live among us & die for us.  I believe in a daily relationship with God.  I know this relationship has walked me through life and provides peace & strength through all times good, bad & ugly.  I am so thankful for God's presence in my life and honored to be called a child of God.   I am a member of Pleasant Valley Baptist Church in Liberty, we are doing a year long program to read specific scripture called Red Letter year.  I will include in my blog some of the scripture for that day/week.  I also want to share a great website with anyone that may be reading this, Bible Gateway is a site that gives you almost any version of the Bible you want to use.   I highly suggest this site  http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/ 

This week's memory verse:
Matthew 6:33  But Seek first his kingdom & his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well (NIV)

I think I have said enough today, any more I will feel like I am rambling and I hear a multitask alert calling..

No comments:

Post a Comment