Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I am back

Well it has been a bit since I last posted.   Since I am new to this, not sure how much I will actually write.  The last couple of weeks have been hectic..and very cold & snowy.  Over the last 3 weeks, we have had 3 very large snow storms here.  The smallest amount of snow received at my home was the first snow which was right around 6 inches of snow.  Snow 2 came in at 8 inches here at my house and snow 3 came in 9-10 inches.   Snows 1 & 2 were very dry, and going out the next morning to clean the drive was not too bad, they were sunny days, no wind, so it was a pretty venture in not totally miserable conditions.   Not that I like shoveling snow, but I hate worse to be in a position of being snowed in.   I can usually do a pretty good cleaning of my drive in 30 minutes or a little less.   Snow 2 took the full 30 and because there was still snow piled on the sides from snow 1, I did not do the whole width of the drive.   But I cleared it so that the sun would hit the concrete and melt any bits I left behind.   I figure I am to clear most so nature can do it's job and completely clean the whole drive.   However it has been so cold that here we are a week after snow 3 and there is still snow piled along the drive and my yard is covered in several inches of snow.    Needless to say we have had cold temps and little sun.  

Snow 3 was Tuesday February 1, the BLIZZARD of 2011, one of the largest (geographically) blizzards in something like 30  years.  From north Tx all across the midwest up to the NE seaboard.  This day is also an even greater day, to me anyway.  February 1, my birthday.  The day my folks were blessed, I say loosely, with a daughter.  The day I was truly blessed by being born to a set of parents I would not trade for the world.   Life is good, bad & ugly, but it is such a wonderful experience when you have parents, grandparents extended family that is as great as what I have been given.  I can never express enough gratitude to God and my family, all of them, Parents, Grands,siblings, in laws, steps, Aunts, Uncles, cousins, every single one.    I truly love them all more than I can fathom.    Because of this I can sit at home, THANK YOU LORD for retirement...doing nothing at all but having coffee, watching tv & watching the beautiful snow fall (Blizzard 2011) on my birthday and not be bummed that I am not out doing something to celebrate.    Besides, Life in itself is a celebration, all the little things in every day are a gift, and when life tosses out a dirty hard, ball of ice, there is still a gift hidden in there when we let God catch it for us.

I have been asked about my table saga, and it is still going on.  Steps have been made, but I will give the full story once I am able to sit at my table and post the info.    But that story is evidence of the hidden gifts from God.

Next on the agenda,  Taxes and dental work.   I know, more fun than one can ask for huh.    But everything is a gift in some way. 

This week, pretty low key,  I will be cooking a corn beef that I corned...fun experiment.  I also have to make lasagna for a lunch on Sunday.   I will also likely be watching more snow fall this afternoon as another wave of snow is predicted.   It is so beautiful, especially when viewed from the warmth of your home.

Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment